• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admin slap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin slap

Ouch!

Sorry, I cannot read PMs and should not have suggested I could. Meant to fess up a bit quicker but got distracted by sprog

I was told that obviously PMs are stored in the DB so they could be looked at if the server admin was so inclined but that they are too busy to be bothered with the lives of mere mortals. Go figure.

I am now on my best behaviour and will not try and wind people up. Apologies if my bit of mid-week fun caused any panics, if of course there was anything to panic about...
    my ferret is your ferret

Bagpuss says he would like a slap as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
      Ouch!

Sorry, I cannot read PMs and should not have suggested I could. Meant to fess up a bit quicker but got distracted by sprog
      Hmm... five-a-side and sprog distractions... I feel a TPD-Holiday-In-General coming on

Comment

Ok who is worried? I don't really care who reads mine.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Very often it is not the fear of punishment that prevents crime but fear of being caught.

You're posting leaves it a little ambiguous as to whether you are physically capable of reading PMs but have been told not to, or whether they cannot be read at all.

I find the latter impossible to believe (as would most other people on this particular forum).

Perhaps leaving it as it is - you could read them if you needed to - is for the best.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Sorry if ambiguous RC, let me be clear.

I cannot read PMs - if I could I would I am a moderator and can move and edit posts / threads and ban users but that is about all.

I made a joke to try and wind some members up (for that is the kind of ferret that I am) and I will admit to this being in poor taste.

If I could read PMs or see the IP addresses of users I would tell you as I do not see what the problem with this would be...

I have stated below that I was told the server admins can read PMs as it is just text in the DB. As you say, I am sure no-one here would believe that PMs are not viewable on way or another.
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Ferret I thought it was funny.... but then I thought you were telling the truth till I was informed otherwise...
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I made a joke to try and wind some members up (for that is the kind of ferret that I am) and I will admit to this being in poor taste.
                the best possible

Most of them are asking for it anyway

Comment

and I will admit to this being in poor taste.
                  poor taste on cuk? is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    poor taste on cuk? is that possible?
                    ..., 2girls1cup, donkey punching, pegging, urination receptacles, bismarcking, cybersex, ...
                    No.

Actually, on 2nd thoughts...

Sockpuppet, learned anything new lately you want to tell us about?
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X