• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the dark times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the dark times

a reference place for when we get there. please provide tales woe and misery that end with joy and happiness or vice versa. failing that, vice and verse will do.

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    a reference place for when we get there. please provide tales woe and misery that end with joy and happiness or vice versa. failing that, vice and verse will do.

I agree, it is harder to sleep this time of year with the shorter dark times. But hopefully as they nights get longer it will get easier. I dont like the sun rising so early.

Comment

Oooh, well I woke up in a really good mood this morning; having had a really good nights sleep!!

I am giving it until around 11 before the num nuts around me have ground me down back in to my usual bitter twisted self!

Comment

Overseas developers with a lack of initiative piss me off.

There's no happy side.
        Last edited by Moscow Mule; 26 June 2008, 07:58.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I wnet to work at my client's site yesterday thinking I'd have to go in two days running.

But the thing I had to go in for today got cancelled so I'm working at home today.

Comment

Have a massive bruise on my backside and a workshop on Saturday for which I have done no course work, bf gets home tomorrow and our place looks like drug addicts/students live here. Upside: cleaner is coming this afternoon.

Comment

The nights are drawing in now and it's down hill to xmas.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I don't see any dark times. Huge opportunities are about to arise - and my frugality over the years will pay dividends.
                I may write a book about how to be happy.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  The nights are drawing in now and it's down hill to xmas.
                  I saw my first "book now for Xmas" sign at a local pub.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I don't see any dark times. Huge opportunities are about to arise - and my frugality over the years will pay dividends.
                    I may write a book about how to a pointless twat.
                    HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X