• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pointless meetings designed to irk contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless meetings designed to irk contractors

Just had one, pointless presentation by a jingo speaker followed by an FYI on the progress of outsourcing most of the department to India. The good news in by early 09 they plan to outsource half of the department.

When opened up for questions I stopped myself asking "So do you see yourself as the Primark of the Pharma industry?" followed up with "When do you anticipate the utilization of child labour will come online".
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

If the time is billable the meeting is not pointless.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      If the time is billable the meeting is not pointless.

Comment

I would rather gouge my eyes out than sit in one more meeting where someone says

"online"
        "offline"
        "synergy"
        "outside the box"
        etc.

Pointless management talk for people who plan, more than they actually do.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          thank you

Comment

Perhaps I can substitute you for the meetings? Ir35 friendly and you would enjoy yourself. A win win in meeting talk.

Comment

Any meeting is pointless.

Comment

no.

Comment

I don't usually do meetings - they are for permies.

I use the time more constructively such as posting here :
                  Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                  "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                  Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Hourly rate for working: £n

Hourly rate for sitting in meetings: £n

What is the problem?
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X