• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cant believe my ears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant believe my ears

did i hear that the government was introducing a new law that states all other things being equal the burd or the applicant from an ethnic minority should get the job

cant believe i heard that

i think i will leave the country and go somewhere where i am an ethnic minority

because obviously other countries will reciprocate with this kind of thing right?

forget wimmin and efnic monorities we need writes for peopel wiv no educashion wot cant use capital letters or punctuation its discustin it is
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

This is great news

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...27-rights.html

Hiring contractors won't count in the figures, and will become the only way to guarantee the best candidate
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        forget wimmin and efnic monorities we need writes for peopel wiv no educashion wot cant use capital letters or punctuation its discustin it is
        wich wun r u then vectra ?

Comment

I am struggling to believe this too - I would have previously said "especially from a Labour government." But I have come to accept that we don't have one!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            It would be unfair to discriminate against people that have been to a British school and are therefore illiterate. That would certainly be covered by the rules.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by milanbanes
              i think its good be cos sum of us is worth it in the work places i think so any way l o l

milanbanes
              Figures.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Will they revoke the existing law outlawing discrimination, if they don't, which one will apply. It will be a field day for the lawyers ........ oh I see!!

Comment

Hooman rights!

Kerrrrrrrrchhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg

HTH

Cherie Blair

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                    did i hear that the government was introducing a new law that states all other things being equal the burd or the applicant from an ethnic minority should get the job

cant believe i heard that

i think i will leave the country and go somewhere where i am an ethnic minority

because obviously other countries will reciprocate with this kind of thing right?
                    If you did you've been reading the Daily Mail again.

They have said that, all other things being equal, the employer would be permitted to discriminate in favour of women or ethnic minorities.

There is no compunction for them to do so and they would still have to show that the result would be an improvement in the reperesentation of either group in the work place.

It's still a change but not quite in the Daily Mail headline league.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X