• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any decent agents/jobs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any decent agents/jobs?

due to our credit crunch here, does anyone know of any decent agents or jobs going around for .NET Development in the UK? I really need a next contract and finish mine tomorrow.

Been on the hunt EVERY day for the past 3 weeks, applied to over 300 jobs.... zulch in return - "project got canned" - "not enough funding" - "role filled internally"....

even europe is fine, would be a nice experience I think but not sure they would hire anyone from outside their own country

If you want security then get a staff job!

As for people hiring from outside their own country, two words - "Bob Shawadiwadi"...

Comment

sorry im only doing contract work for alot of reasons and have plans to get into a company i used to work for, permenantly again but that takes time.

and not sure what you mean by the name of the person. sorry

Comment

I'm surprised you've managed to find 300 jobs worth applying for. I was looking a couple of weeks back for just over a week and applied to approx 6 jobs in London and 4 outside of London. Managed to get an interview for every job outside of London but not a single one in the city (although perhaps the rate I was asking for was too high). Only one of those interviews was subsequently "filled by an internal candidate" - annoyingly the one I had driven the furthest to get to! Incidentally, I am a .net web developer.

Perhaps you need to reduce your rate, improve your cv or look further a field than where you are currently.

Comment

Originally posted by firehawk View Post
          sorry im only doing contract work for alot of reasons and have plans to get into a company i used to work for, permenantly again but that takes time.

and not sure what you mean by the name of the person. sorry
          300 positions applied for? Might I suggest you check the spelling and grammar on your CV?

Comment

its fine thanks....
            if you cant really be helpful then please dont respond, its simple as that.

Comment

its fine thanks....
              He is being helpful. The simple fact is that there are loads of jobs out there at the moment (you've already said that you've managed to find 300). If you aren't at least getting to the interview stage, the problem is most likely to be closer to home, i.e. CV or rate.

Remember "project got canned" or "filled internally" doesn't mean it has been, it really means "we're not giving you the job" for whatever reason.
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

its fine thanks....
                I'm being helpful in my own way.

So for a start, let's repair your posting.

If you can't really be helpful, then please don't respond! It's as simple as that.
                There, that's much better.

You'd be surprised how many CVs I receive with poor grammar and spelling. Guess where they end up? Yes, that's right, in the little round filing cabinet on the floor.

The reference to our old friend "Bob" I'll leave for your obvious great wit and intelligence to resolve.

Good luck with finding your next contract.

Comment

firehawk, can you help me.
                  A few months ago there was a bit of speculation on this board about whether thare is a US equivilent, I tried, but couldn't find one
                  Is there a contractors US board ?

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

well no you're NOT being helpful to me.

jeez. last time i come around here.

EternalOptimist: huh?

you know what - nevermind. sorry for coming here in the first place.

stupid asses.

Comment

Working...
                    X