• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to remove crayon from a carpet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove crayon from a carpet

My landlady had some new carpets fitted yesterday. Lovely gold colour. When she was putting the furniture back, she didn't notice that stuck to the foot of a cabinet she was dragging into place was a blue crayon. So there is now a lovely blue line across the brand new carpet in the lounge.

When I saw it I had a real job not pissing myself, because she bangs on at me all the time about not wearing shoes in the house and cleaning up after myself. Oh, the irony!

Can anyone recommend a method of removing the aforementioned crayon mark?

Google is her friend. http://www.ehow.com/how_10695_clean-crayon-carpet.html
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Elbow grease?

If you can forgive a humerus suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Elbow grease?

If you can forgive a humerus suggestion.
        Get your coat!

Comment

Get your coat!
          Wahey, Timberwolf! You've pulled!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            Wahey, Timberwolf! You've pulled!

What do you get if you cross a Timberwolf with a Moose?

Comment

What do you get if you cross a Timberwolf with a Moose?
              It depends what flavour.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Last time we bought carpets they had some sort of cleaning guarantee. Firstly, see if they are insured and if so talk to them before cleaning. Then call carpet manufacturer and talk to them about the best way to clean.

Landlady you say? Not your problem, let her sort it out.

Ferret in "Happy Renter" mode.
                my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                  Last time we bought carpets they had some sort of cleaning guarantee. Firstly, see if they are insured and if so talk to them before cleaning. Then call carpet manufacturer and talk to them about the best way to clean.

Landlady you say? Not your problem, let her sort it out.

Ferret in "Happy Renter" mode.
                  No, but I'm a helpful little so-and-so. Plus, she's got great norks, if I help her she might let me touch them!

Moose in perve mode

Comment

My landlady had some new carpets fitted yesterday. Lovely gold colour. When she was putting the furniture back, she didn't notice that stuck to the foot of a cabinet she was dragging into place was a blue crayon. So there is now a lovely blue line across the brand new carpet in the lounge.

Just get a gold coloured crayon and go over the top of the blue crayon. Job done.

Comment

Working...
                    X