• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help - bored!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - bored!!!

Last day on current gig, manager not in today, bugger all to do.

I'm off on holiday to France directly after work, I'd leave now but my timesheet's not been authorised yet.

Ideal day for an interview but nothing biting yet. Think I've read all of the internet, at least the SFW bits. Any ideas?

tpd

Comment

Pot noodle and a wink?

Comment

Pot Noodle?

Bloody hell Churchy, you snuck that one in (as the actress etc. etc.)!
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          Pot Noodle?

Bloody hell Churchy, you snuck that one in (as the actress etc. etc.)!
          Yeah, I'm bored too.

After a massive coding fest last night I'm pretty light on duties today...

Comment

No good, I'm on Atkins

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Pot noodle and a wink?

Comment

And.... I'm demob happy, last week and all that - Surf, surf and more surf I guess

Comment

Please god don't let them have a leaving 'presentation' like they almost always do here. Kill me now...

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                  Last day on current gig, manager not in today, bugger all to do.

I'm off on holiday to France directly after work, I'd leave now but my timesheet's not been authorised yet.

Ideal day for an interview but nothing biting yet. Think I've read all of the internet, at least the SFW bits. Any ideas?
                  try this,

'Ah I might have to pop out for five mins this afternoon at short notice, to get my car sorted for France. Would it be possible to get your signature now just in case I miss you.' Once its signed, disappear for four or five hours, go and watch a film or something. Then pop back for yer coat then off to France.
                  Have a nice trip.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Like it!

Comment

Working...
                    X