• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This will help the standard of English football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will help the standard of English football

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2202...ght-teams.html

FFS kids need to learn how to compete.

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post

I agree, but we're talking about under 8s here. I think this might not be such a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post

Cheat, lie and generally be crap like their premiership idols? No thanks.

The FA says it's to protect young kids from the demands of competitive parents.

A lot of refs I knew (I used to go out with a female footie ref) refused to do the kid's matches because the parents behaved like such scum.

Comment

Perhaps not concentrating on goals might help kids learn the technical skills that are common in other countries?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

<PC tulipe> No, no, no, the concept of competition is all wrong, it breeds aggression, and furthermore the labelling of individuals or groups as 'losers' in that competition can be harmful not only to their self esteme, but also to their inner happiness and eventual development into well balanced members of society.
          </PC tulipe>

The vegetarian option.

Comment

If you read the article you'll see that they're not banning goals or even competitive matches, they're just saying the kids of that age shouldn't play in leagues. So they'll just play friendlies. What's wrong with that?

The ruling is not aimed to stop competitive football because any match between two teams will be competitive

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Perhaps not concentrating on goals might help kids learn the technical skills that are common in other countries?
              The under eights don't need to spend too much time of technical skills, what they need is to have playgrounds and parks where they can kick a ball around.

The competitions that my kids enter are great fun, their team has never won the tournaments, but they all look forward to them.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Possibly, yes.

However, the kid's skills must be improved , so that in the future, the english teams again take part in the european and world championships! These competitions are boring without them. This time, we had to play against turkey in the semi final , and did have even one penalty shooting over the whole EURO 2008 competion.

I really love these matches of our team against the english players.

Comment

Get them playing this instead at that age. Let them be creative, improvise and build technique before introducing the convential game later on.

Hasn't done the Brazilians any harm has it now..

Comment

Working...
                  X