• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I love ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love ....

CUK front page news articles that quote a Mr William Knight, former contract software developer. A useful source of material, no doubt.

TFFT, I thought this was another 'I love Lucy' thread or somesuch rubbish.

Comment

One of Mr.Knight's pieces:

http://www.contractoruk.com/003852.html

My favourite part:

According to contractor Ace00 on the CUK bulletin board, “One of the permies at my current gig is after molesting me. It is obvious she fancies me (there have been comments from colleagues already), and also obvious she is some kind of middle-aged bunny boiler. More importantly, she is minging.”
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        CUK front page news articles that quote a Mr William Knight, former contract software developer. A useful source of material, no doubt.
        I quite liked the most recent one. I forget what it was about but it started talking about one thing and finished on something unrelated. A bit like a whole CUK thread in one hit.

Comment

Who is this presumptuous tosser William Knight, a "former" (failed?) contract software developer, quoting posters here probably out of context and possibly violating their copyright?

Here's another, not so funny, quote from in that article:

Yet it turns out there is very little that will make a contractor quit mid-contract, 11% pay cuts will not do it
          Sounds like he is actually trying to talk down rates, and positively encouraging clients to welsh on contract terms.

Great ally we have there, and thanks CUK for giving him a platform to spout his long-winded incoherent nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
            Who is this presumptuous tosser William Knight, a "former" (failed?) contract software developer, quoting posters here probably out of context and possibly violating their copyright?

Sounds like he is actually trying to talk down rates, and positively encouraging clients to welsh on contract terms.

Great ally we have there, and thanks CUK for giving him a platform to spout his long-winded incoherent nonsense.
            He seems to be someone who has figured out a Plan B: hoover up the freely-donated forum contributions, and make up "journalistic articles" out of them. For any missing bits, quote yourself.

A Plan B for the NL Age.

Comment

So you're a big fan then?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I'm gonna sue...
                oops, sorry, I meant "scotch the idea of sticking to contract terms"

Comment

Does he ever quote posts from TPD? Or don't they count?

Comment

oops, sorry, I meant "scotch the idea of sticking to contract terms"
                    That'll cause some ire!

Comment

Working...
                    X