• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USB Memory Stick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Memory Stick

Afternoon all,

where's the best place to get a decent well priced 4gb usb memory stick ?

MediaMarkt have a Sandisk 4gb model for 395 Euros is that a good price or are they better price anywhere online ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Froogle

The wonders of modern technology.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      Afternoon all,

where's the best place to get a decent well priced 4gb usb memory stick ?

MediaMarkt have a Sandisk 4gb model for 395 Euros is that a good price or are they better price anywhere online ?

Thanks,

Milan.
      I don't know the exact Euro-Pound exchange rate, but that sounds like about £280. Compared to prices of lower capacity memory sticks, which are about £50 per Gbyte up to 2 Gbytes, that's quite an extra premium you'd be paying.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

that doesn't answer my question, dipstick !

Milan.

Comment

I think what the Owl was trying to say is, before you ask WHERE you can get a 4gb memory stick perhaps you should ask yourself if you NEED a 4gb memory stick.

Why not buy a whole box of 256mb memory sticks instead? They cost bugger all and if you lose one it won't be 400 Euros down the pan.

Comment

because Dipstick#2, I want only one memory stick and by the nature of my .Net work it will be of greater use to me to have a 4gb even if I have to pay more in the short term than to have 15 Dimprawn Dipstick 128mb usb sticks

kapiš ?

Milan.

Comment

because Dipstick#2, I want only one memory stick and by the nature of my .Net work it will be of greater use to me to have a 4gb even if I have to pay more in the short term than to have 15 Dimprawn Dipstick 128mb usb sticks

kapiš ?

Milan.
              iPOD..?
              ARCHOS...?

Justification if justification were needed...!

Comment

Can I be Dipstick#1 please?

Look, it's like this. One big stick is a single point of failure. These USB sticks are often lost, stolen (especially a fcuking 400 euro one) or broken.

Any .NETTER worth his salt knows this. You are just trying to outdo some other SAP by having the biggest stick. Admit it.

Comment

well they have the Kingston 4bg usb sticks on ebay for ~85 quid !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-GB-4GB-MEMOR...QQcmdZViewItem

Perhaps ebay is the way to go.

Milan.

Comment

well they have the Kingston 4bg usb sticks on ebay for ~85 quid !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-GB-4GB-MEMOR...QQcmdZViewItem

Perhaps ebay is the way to go.

Milan.
                    Maybe, if that gadget pops up as a single drive when you plug it in - It looks like a stick only in the sense that a 100 year old oak tree is a stick, and is probably case for a bank of internal individual sticks.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X