• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking ticket at Waitrose....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking ticket at Waitrose....

Got an 'information only' ticket for parking over two bays. The reason? There was a lamp with a large concrete base on one of the bays, a 4 X 4 on the bay next to the two I was in. As a Focus and lamp-post do not fit in the one, I had to straddle the end of the bay to fit in my car to allow me to fill Mr Waitrose's till with their wages.

None too impressed at the lunacy I sought out the manager - got to a Section Manager who gave me a telling off for parking illegally (I took a photo on my camera phone). I said I would complain online, and asked for section mgr's name, he refused. Store Manager really apologetic, but, I was now on a mission with the section manager for being argumentative and refusing to give his name for a complaint.

There is a good outcome - the manager agreed to hatch off the concrete post bays so this will not happen again.

Personally I think that a word with the parking company to use their uneducated noddles would more than suffice!

Will be interesting to hear the complaint reply....

Think I am turning into Victor Meldrew in my middle age......

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got an 'information only' ticket for parking over two bays. The reason? There was a lamp with a large concrete base on one of the bays, a 4 X 4 on the bay next to the two I was in. As a Focus and lamp-post do not fit in the one, I had to straddle the end of the bay to fit in my car to allow me to fill Mr Waitrose's till with their wages.

None too impressed at the lunacy I sought out the manager - got to a Section Manager who gave me a telling off for parking illegally (I took a photo on my camera phone). I said I would complain online, and asked for section mgr's name, he refused. Store Manager really apologetic, but, I was now on a mission with the section manager for being argumentative and refusing to give his name for a complaint.

There is a good outcome - the manager agreed to hatch off the concrete post bays so this will not happen again.

Personally I think that a word with the parking company to use their uneducated noddles would more than suffice!

Will be interesting to hear the complaint reply....

Think I am turning into Victor Meldrew in my middle age......
    You are lucky they did not pour milk down your windscreen...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You are lucky they did not pour milk down your windscreen...
      Very witty

Comment

So because you are too ignorant and lazy to go and find a space that your car fits in, those people who drive smaller cars who could have used those spaces will now have to occupy full size spaces so next time you visit there may be no spaces for you?
        Well done!!
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I always park quite a distance from the actual shop. There are always a multitude of parking spaces to choose from, usually in spots allowing one to get rapidly to the nearest exit (and who doesn't want to get away as soon as possible once the shopping is done).

It means I have to walk for about a minute to get to the shop, and then for another minute to get back to the car. But given the fact that I get a little bit of exercise, and don't get stressed out like the loonies who are unutterably desperate to park as close to the shop as possible, I'll probably live a day or two longer.

YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Very witty
            Well it was only an information ticket! If you had been clamped I can see your POV.

Comment

So Wilmslow's actions were really half-witty.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It must be great working in Waitrose.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  It must be great working in Waitrose.
                  I worked there on Saturdays when I was 16. Worst part-time job I ever had - we were all treated like dirt. At least I earned enough to keep me playing space invaders. They had a shop in Windsor that "sold" the machines and people could come in and "try" them - no amusement arcades allowed in Windsor then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    we were all treated like dirt.
                    By the customers or the management. If the former, my first post-uni job was in a shop in Kensington and the locals were (for the most part with a few charmingly eccentric exceptions) the vilest hoity-toity scum I've ever met.

I'm still cross just thinking about it. Mind you, the employer wasn't much better.

Comment

Working...
                    X