• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Totally Utterly Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally Utterly Doomed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7480688.stm

Confidence among UK consumers in June was only one point above its lowest recorded level, according to the polling company GfK NOP.

Its UK consumer confidence index came in at -34, which was five points below May's figure and near the -35 recorded in March 1990 during a recession.

HTH

Interesting that the BIS now think we **might** be doomed http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...0/cnbis130.xml

BofE said we were in the eye of the storm a month or so ago?

I wish these "experts" would make their mind up!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7480688.stm

Confidence among UK consumers in June was only one point above its lowest recorded level, according to the polling company GfK NOP.

Its UK consumer confidence index came in at -34, which was five points below May's figure and near the -35 recorded in March 1990 during a recession.

HTH
      and you've just knocked it down another point with that post DP - Thanks a lot
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Totally Utterly Doomed
        Überly

Comment

I'm not quite clear where this "Doomed" thing is supposed to be hitting. One of my kids went to a friend's "Laser Quest" party at the Trafford Centre last week and the car parks were completely overloaded, queues round the block sort of thing. We also went out for a very rare family meal on Saturday as my eldest son was about to go off to the Navy. The restaurant was full, at 6.30pm, and so were the other restaurants along the same street. Tesco's was also completely full when I went there yesterday. I'm just not sure where people are cutting back, if they are at all? Maybe it was even busier at the shops before the "credit crunch".

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            I'm not quite clear where this "Doomed" thing is supposed to be hitting. One of my kids went to a friend's "Laser Quest" party at the Trafford Centre last week and the car parks were completely overloaded, queues round the block sort of thing. We also went out for a very rare family meal on Saturday as my eldest son was about to go off to the Navy. The restaurant was full, at 6.30pm, and so were the other restaurants along the same street. Tesco's was also completely full when I went there yesterday. I'm just not sure where people are cutting back, if they are at all? Maybe it was even busier at the shops before the "credit crunch".
            I think people are worried as they are borrowing more on credit cards and loans. They also feel they may have to cut back in future.

If financial institutions ration credit the way that mortgages are rationed it could get fun.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              "Once I built a railroad,
              Made it run....

Buddy, can you spare a dime?"
              I'm outta key, I'm outta time.
              Buddy, can you spare a dime?
              I'm outta ke-ey, I'm outta time.
              Buddy, can you spare a dime?
              There's a frog in my throat.
              I can't hold a note.
              But I'm okay when I mime.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post

Probably all Buy-To-Letters spending the fortune made on property speculating and rising rents.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  and you've just knocked it down another point with that post DP - Thanks a lot
                  DP does his best
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X