• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC and TFL Fine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC and TFL Fine

I'm already SC and CTC cleared but am now going for a new job. The new job requires SC clearance which I have but since I got the clearance I got a TFL fine for not having a valid ticket. I'm about to fill out all the forms but the new job offer is subject to me passing the clearance. Now i'm going to have to hand in my notice but not sure if my clearance will be refused.

Travelling without a ticket will reflect badly on my character so not sure if they will turn me down because of this. I realise hiding this on the form is even worse so I will declare this and hope for the best but am really worried about this.

I was using someone else's freedom pass and got caught so that won't look good and the matter went to court and I got a form. I checked all the info that they sent out to me and all it stated was it was against the railways act and I was fined plus costs, no mention of getting a criminal conviction which would have thought might have been important and worth telling me about

Telling them about it is a lot less stupid than not telling them about it. Guess which one will lose you the clearance? And which one is nothing to worry about?

Or to put it in perspective, can you be blackmailed or coerced by the bad guys with the threat that they tell everyone of a TfL ticket offence? I don't think so, somehow...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I was using someone else's freedom pass and got caught so that won't look good and the matter went to court and I got a form. I checked all the info that they sent out to me and all it stated was it was against the railways act and I was fined plus costs, no mention of getting a criminal conviction which would have thought might have been important and worth telling me about
      Originally posted by SecurityOfficer
      Are you in the habit of commiting fraud?

Couldn't you afford your own pass?

What do you do with all your money?

Do you have a "habit" that needs funding?

Are you living beyond your means?
      Looks like you're fooked either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Looks like you're fooked either way.
        thanks for the positive response. Unfortunately it was one moment of stupidness on Sunday after several weeks of bad service from TFL and the train service I was really annoyed about the poor service and lack of response. Yes I know it was stupid and if I had the chance again I would have just paid the fare instead I took the stupid option of taking action myself and borrowing a ticket of someone else.

Strange it's always the chavs that get away with this sort of thing and someone who makes one stupid mistake gets punished by it. Will just have to see how it goes but now I might hand in my notice and not get the job :-(

Comment

Originally posted by dg29 View Post
          thanks for the positive response. Unfortunately it was one moment of stupidness on Sunday after several weeks of bad service from TFL and the train service I was really annoyed about the poor service and lack of response. Yes I know it was stupid and if I had the chance again I would have just paid the fare instead I took the stupid option of taking action myself and borrowing a ticket of someone else.

Strange it's always the chavs that get away with this sort of thing and someone who makes one stupid mistake gets punished by it. Will just have to see how it goes but now I might hand in my notice and not get the job :-(
          How old are you?

Take responsibility for your own actions and stop looking to blame someone else.

From what you've said, I wouldn't give you clearence whether you owned up or not.

You've displayed a lack of maturity and good-judgement.

Maybe for the best, eh? Better to find the flaws in your character now before you're given anything really important to work on.

I hear Milan's client is looking for a replacement tape swapper. (Swap, not borrow...)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            How old are you?

Take responsibility for your own actions and stop looking to blame someone else.

From what you've said, I wouldn't give you clearence whether you owned up or not.

You've displayed a lack of maturity and good-judgement.

Maybe for the best, eh? Better to find the flaws in your character now before you're given anything really important to work on.

I hear Milan's client is looking for a replacement tape swapper. (Swap, not borrow...)
            Oooh! Cutting
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Oooh! Cutting
              Well come on, it's always some f*cker elses fault, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by dg29 View Post
                I'm already SC and CTC cleared but am now going for a new job. The new job requires SC clearance which I have but since I got the clearance I got a TFL fine for not having a valid ticket. I'm about to fill out all the forms but the new job offer is subject to me passing the clearance. Now i'm going to have to hand in my notice but not sure if my clearance will be refused.

Travelling without a ticket will reflect badly on my character so not sure if they will turn me down because of this. I realise hiding this on the form is even worse so I will declare this and hope for the best but am really worried about this.

If you are in a role currently using your clearance then you are meant to advise your security officer about any change in circumstances, i.e. divorce, address, police involvement, etc.

The fact that this has happened won't necessarily be automatic rejection. Lying about it on the form will be automatic rejection, because the first thing they do is run you through the PNC and last time I checked fare evasion was a criminal and not a civil matter. Did you go to the magistrates or county court?

A good test would have been if you'd advised your current employers and then you would have found out if they withdrew your clearance.
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                X