• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Technical test prior to contract interview?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technical test prior to contract interview?

Anyone else noticing an increased use of written technical tests prior to interview being offerred?? IME I normally get a half a dozen technical qs _at_ interview, among all the usual stuff.

So what's this all about then? Maybe there aren't that many interviews available atm but this is a new way in which agencies are competing with each other to get on to client sites?

It may be that people are starting to distrust technical qualifications and experience as quoted on the CV and are starting to test candidates for themselves. Don't knock it - unless you're billshutting on your CV, of course - it will clear out the cowboys and chancers and leave the jobs for the real experts.

Mind you, in my line of work, I'm pretty well immune from such things!!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If I had my way I'd make candidates complete a PhD and 2 MBA's as part of the interview process.

Bastards coming round here wanting to work.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I didn't get where I am today by taking technical tests...
        Was it because the interviewer was afraid to be eaten or hit deadly by the the tail then?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Have I told you of the time...

Have I told you of the time I went for an interview with a large consulting organisation and they had me do a technical test...

... that I had actually written for a large round thing in sky / for nonimperial testing co., in a previous contract.

and got the highest possible score...

Oh, how p1ssed off were the other contractors when they heard I was getting £10 an hour more than the next highest...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz.......

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Have I told you of the time I went for an interview with a large consulting organisation and they had me do a technical test...

... that I had actually written for a large round thing in sky / for nonimperial testing co., in a previous contract.

Oh, how p1ssed off were the other contractors when they heard I was getting £10 an hour more than the next highest...
              Waaaaaaannnnnnkkkkkkeeeerrrrrrrrr!

Comment

... that I had actually written for a large round thing in sky
                You work with UFOs?
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

threaded, you really are a sad fat feckwit aren't you?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GiGo
                    Anyone else noticing an increased use of written technical tests prior to interview being offerred?? IME I normally get a half a dozen technical qs _at_ interview, among all the usual stuff.

So what's this all about then? Maybe there aren't that many interviews available atm but this is a new way in which agencies are competing with each other to get on to client sites?

It's because of all these visual basic chancers like Shimano.

Where's he gone now? Here he is... flapping his little chancer arms..

Imho, the more technical tests the better, at least until the chancers give up

Comment

Working...
                    X