• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you bend over for your boss?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in a v small firm, staff 10, we all have to muck in. As first in on Monday mornings I have to get the mail off the carpet and arrange it neatly on the boss's desk. At my age its not so easy to get all that stuff off the floor

Can I offset this in some way ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Working in a v small firm, staff 10, we all have to muck in. As first in on Monday mornings I have to get the mail off the carpet and arrange it neatly on the boss's desk. At my age its not so easy to get all that stuff off the floor

Is there anything personal among the mail? Any good blackmail material?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Is there anything personal among the mail? Any good blackmail material?
      He gets a lot of stuff from 'Caravaning and Camping club' plus lots of brown parcels from 'Gayboys, Faggots and Frots monthly'

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

He gets a lot of stuff from 'Caravaning and Camping club' plus lots of brown parcels from 'Gayboys, Faggots and Frots monthly'

Does it come in brown envelopes? If he is open about it then not really blackmail...

Comment

Get in later so someone else has to deal with it.

Comment

When I was at uni, a guy who lived in the flat above one of my mates used to get various brown envelopes. One day somebody opened one and left them strewn about the foyer with the name and address showing. They were really hardcore S&M things. It was only then when my mate realised what the constant rythmic knocking was comming from the flat above.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              It was only then when my mate realised what the constant rythmic knocking was comming from the flat above.
              He played the drums as well?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                When I was at uni, a guy who lived in the flat above one of my mates used to get various brown envelopes. One day somebody opened one and left them strewn about the foyer with the name and address showing. They were really hardcore S&M things. It was only then when my mate realised what the constant rythmic knocking was comming from the flat above.
                Crucifying your girlfriend is fun.
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  He played the drums as well?
                  Not unless he had a really quiet drum kit! It was the sort of knocking where you'd notice it when the telly went quiet. In the end we'd be watching the telly and it became the sort of 'Mr Jizzy is having a w@nk again' comment when the telly went quiet.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    Crucifying your girlfriend is fun.
                    Crucifying yourself isn't, There's just no way to get that last nail in
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X