• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am planning to buy some grapes. Should I choose Red or Green ones?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am planning to buy some grapes. Should I choose Red or Green ones?

Also some grapes are in semi-rigid packaging, but some are in bags. What's the difference?

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Also some grapes are in semi-rigid packaging, but some are in bags. What's the difference?
    A better idea is to buy bottled grapes (in liquid form with a reasonable alcohol content).
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
      A better idea is to buy bottled grapes (in liquid form with a reasonable alcohol content).
      There's a thought; does a glass of wine count as one of your 'five-a-day'? If so, just have five. Job done.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Have a poll! You can add it under thread tools...

Comment

The ones in bags are in bags, the ones that arn't, arn't.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Why not get some sour ones?

Mailman

Comment

I do believe those in rigid pacakagin are pre packed and weighed, whereas those
              in loose bags will be weighed at checkout, I used to wrk in a supermarket

As for red or green, I prefer red as theyre sweeter and are supposed to be good for the heart. Also green grapes tend to give me loose bowel movements,

Comment

The semi-rigid packed ones might be a bit more ripe and squishy.

You'll have to taste a couple of each before you decide which ones to buy. The colour isn't a certain sign. It depends what they've got in from one day to the next. Had some plums from Tesco's last week which were perfectly sweet and tasty. This week, same packaging, sour to the point of being pretty much inedible.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  The semi-rigid packed ones might be a bit more ripe and squishy.

You'll have to taste a couple of each before you decide which ones to buy. The colour isn't a certain sign. It depends what they've got in from one day to the next. Had some plums from Tesco's last week which were perfectly sweet and tasty. This week, same packaging, sour to the point of being pretty much inedible.
                  If you want soft fruit to eat on the day always buy from the marked down stuff thats at it's sell by. The "Fresh" stuff is rarely if ever ripe when it gets to the store. By the time it's sell by date comes round it's often ripened nicely and is actually ready to eat. Plus you get it cheaper.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2199...39;-kiwis.html

EU rules ban sale of 'too small' kiwis

Inspectors from the Rural Payments Agency, an executive agency of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), made a random check on his stall, and found a number of his kiwis weighed 58g, four grams below the required minimum of 62g.

Mr Down said that 4g in weight was the equivalent of about one millimeter in diameter.

Comment

Working...
                    X