• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The winners of the doom scenario

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The winners of the doom scenario

are :

us....all of us

so as house prices drop IT people will remain in work and pick up bargains, plus think of all those evening dinner parties where you can sneer at estate agents, traders etc.
    I'm alright Jack

The financial services sector will weather the economic storm for IT contractors over the next 12 months by creating more jobs for them than any other industry.
    I have been planning on getting a non-financial services gig all year and now this.

Bah!
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Doomed

Hence the doomed-boomed dichotomy.

The more the UK dooms, the more the prudent IT contractor booms!

Boomed!

Comment

Nick Hardisty, managing director of Inspired Recruitment, an IT jobs agency, said that he could not foresee any economic circumstances that would make contractors quit.

"Temps are, as a rule from our experience, not too concerned with risk and would possibly see the downturn as an opportunity to increase their work pipeline," he told CUK.

“Large organisations [will] strip the ‘perm’ workforce down, reduce fixed overheads, and look to opt for more project based or ad-hoc staffing solutions, [like] using staff as and when required, in this case potentially contractors.”

Comment

I'm happy as long as recruitment and estate agents go bankrupt and end up on the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I'm happy as long as recruitment and estate agents go bankrupt and end up on the streets.
            But then who would find all those juicy contracts and sell you property at barging prices?

Personally, I’m not looking for a contract or a property as I don’t need either. So they can starve as far as I care.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              I have been planning on getting a non-financial services gig all year and now this.

Bah!
              You should still be able to choose?

If you come to work for my current clientco I suggest no eyeliner though...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Then they will probably become contractors and we will have to put up with them.

Of course, DA is welcome anytime....

Comment

I have to make a decision TODAY what to do with my place, either put it on the market or buy my ex out. I really don't know what to do, got to the point now where I might as well flip a coin. What would others here do ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    I have to make a decision TODAY what to do with my place, either put it on the market or buy my ex out. I really don't know what to do, got to the point now where I might as well flip a coin. What would others here do ?
                    Get her to buy you out !?

Comment

Working...
                    X