• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Must Dash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must Dash

Got to go, am being attacked hard at Quatre Bras, French cavalry busting out all over, so I leave work now, home in 30 mins, first lager 31 minutes, then its form square and musket volleys at 200 paces

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Got to go, am being attacked hard at Quatre Bras, French cavalry busting out all over, so I leave work now, home in 30 mins, first lager 31 minutes, then its form square and musket volleys at 200 paces

Lot more effective at 100
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Oi, do you fire blanks?

Comment

Told you they wern't going to Mons
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

So did you see off the Frenchies or did you meet your Waterloo?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            So did you see off the Frenchies or did you meet your Waterloo?
            The yellow dog surrendered when Cooke and Byng turned up with the foot guards.

we are starting another, this time its me as le Froggy

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

How are you playing it? Table top in real time or some online variation?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                How are you playing it? Table top in real time or some online variation?
                HPS Waterloo, turn based, battalion level. Play by email
                2 - 3 turns per day, usually takes a couple of weeks.
                Dont laugh but it can be very stressful. Sitting at work all day wondering if the French heavy cavalry had finally launched their charge that you just know will tear huge holes in your line.

Once a year (next week in fact) all the guys come round to my place and we set up a network game and drink loads. Dont tell the doggy but its better than sex

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

HPS Waterloo, turn based, battalion level. Play by email
                  2 - 3 turns per day, usually takes a couple of weeks.
                  Dont laugh but it can be very stressful. Sitting at work all day wondering if the French heavy cavalry had finally launched their charge that you just know will tear huge holes in your line.

Once a year (next week in fact) all the guys come round to my place and we set up a network game and drink loads. Dont tell the doggy but its better than sex

Sounsd fun. Used to do a lot of PBeM stuff a few years back so I understand the stress

Did some table top Napoleonic stuff in the dim and distant past when I was still a student.

Comment

Working...
                  X