• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The I hate my contract thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The I hate my contract thread

I hate my contract because it's..

full of chunts
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I hate my contract because it's..

full of chunts
    Full?

That implies that all there are Chunts, with no exceptions
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

...utterly dull, mind-numbing and repetitive work.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It has an abundance, too many keeners. I think I've had enough of contracting.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

...turd polishing and fixing other people's badly written code

dull dull dull, but....

...only 12 days left now
          Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
          "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
          Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Most contracts are utter tulipe.

I had only two that were exceptional.

The rest have been intellectual but the money has been

Comment

It has an abundance, too many keeners. I think I've had enough of contracting.
              I only do it because I'm completely incapable of holding down a real job.

That, and the money. Plus the fact that I'm a misanthropic git drifting into a bitter twisted midlife crisis.

Feck, I need to stop doing something for a while.

Comment

Money is an inadequate compensation for happiness. The best years of most people's lifes are when they were students, and in those days they had no money. I can't convince myself this game is worth it any more.

Comment

Money is an inadequate compensation for happiness. The best years of most people's lifes are when they were students, and in those days they had no money. I can't convince myself this game is worth it any more.
                  Well said pussycat
                  Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                  "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                  Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

being a student was dreadful, i had cock all money, hated the course, hated the unwashed thicko hoards of marketing/leisure & tourism/sports science students and was thoroughly miserable. getting a job doing meaningful, real work and having enough money to eat and get p1ssed regularly was a revelation.
                    Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                    You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Working...
                    X