• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance - SC - what is checked?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance - SC - what is checked?

Hi

Does 'SC' level security clearance just a check of who you are and if you are flagged as a criminal or otherwise dodgy character on various databases or does it involve a reference check at previous employers as well? Just wondering what it does/doesn't cover.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by martin-w View Post
    Hi

Does 'SC' level security clearance just a check of who you are and if you are flagged as a criminal or otherwise dodgy character on various databases or does it involve a reference check at previous employers as well? Just wondering what it does/doesn't cover.

Thanks in advance
    Yes they will require previous employers to give references. They asked me for contact details of all my employers in the last 5 years and I was only going for BC+ And they did indeed request a reference from the ones I asked about it later.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

So if, hypothetically speaking, the permanent job required experience of product X and you had experience of product Y but knew you could pick up X no bother so got a bit 'creative' in the CV this would be found out?

Comment

So if, hypothetically speaking, the permanent job required experience of product X and you had experience of product Y but knew you could pick up X no bother so got a bit 'creative' in the CV this would be found out?
        Why do I have a feeling this is all going to end in tears.....
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I don't think they go into this sort of detail. It'll be a security officer who does the reference checks, and it'll be based purely on your attendance, disciplinary records etc, not on technical experience. The security officer won't know (or care) about the specifics of the job, just that you were trustworthy.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Ok - many thanks.

Comment

they already know....
              B00med!

Comment

When I did this recently the security checks were made to the agencies not the client co (about 6 in the last 5 years). So they would have no idea about your skills other than what it says on your CV. When asked, they said that they never get references returned from client co's so they never bother.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

They do a full check of your internet browsing history based on your internet provider's logs too. So bear that in mind.
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    They do a full check of your internet browsing history based on your internet provider's logs too. So bear that in mind.
                    Oh tulip...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X