• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another Nigerian Scam Email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another Nigerian Scam Email

Dear GiGo ,

Before I start, I must first apologize for this unsolicited mail to you,I am aware that this is certainly an unconventional approach to start a relationship there do I mean to insult your esteemed personality, but as time goes on you will realize the need for my action. I have an urgent and confidential business proposition for you, which I believe will be of great benefit to you and I.

My names are Kanu Williams,I am the personal "attoney to late Engr." Roacha GiGo"a national of your country, who worked as an oil consultant/contractor withthe Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) herein referred to as my Client.

On the 6th of March 2001, my Client made a numbered timed (fixed) deposit for twelve calendar months valued at US 10,000,000.00 (Ten Million US.Dollars Only) with the bank where I work as an Accountant. On maturity of the fund,a routine notification was sent to my"Desk" which I forwarded to his address but got no response.

After a month, I sent a reminder and finally, I discovered from his contract employee (NNPC) that my Client died in an automobile accident on the 20th of April 2003, along kaduna express way. Unfortunately he died without making a "WILL"in respect of the deposit he made in this bank Since then, I have made several enquiries to locate my Client's extended relatives, but all attempts by me to trace his next of kin were fruitless/unsuccessful,hence I contacted you.

As he did not declare any "next of kin or relations" in all his official documents including his deposit papers in the bank. No one can claim this fund without proper documentation of "next of kin "of the deceased The total sum of US 10,000,000.00 is still in this bank as a dormant account.According to the ethics of banking in Nigeria, after three (3) years without claim, the Federal Government of Nigeria will convert this fund to public projects and this I do not want to happen. In fact the said bank had issued me a final notice to provide the "Next Of Kin"of my Client or they will be left with no other option than to liqidated his funds.

This is the situation and my proposal is to solicit for your utmost assistance in presenting you as the beneficiary/next of kin since you share the same surname with the deceased, so that the said fund as stated above could be paid to you instead of being liquidated by the authorities/Apex bank .
    Your role is very simple; all you are required to do is to immediately send me your full names, direct telephone and fax numbers for the documentation of the "next of kin," which will automatically make you the beneficiary to the fund.

I shall guide you on how you are to contact the bank with proof of ownership of fund (Next of Kin). You shall decide on what percentage you deem comfortable for you and we shall share the fund accordingly and leave some part to charity.

I know all the necessary legal documents that will be used to claim the funds . All I require is your honest assistance to enable us see this transaction through. I guarrantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangment that will protect you from any breach of law.

While I expect your prompt response, remain blessed in the LORD!

Yours faithfully,

Kanu Williams
    N.t that you are to contact me via me chamber email addressbelow.([email protected])for more information thank you.

Where do we forward these things to again?

Apart from /dev/null that is..

Comment

Scam

I bet he's an accountant!!

Comment

This is the situation and my proposal is to solicit for your utmost assistance in presenting you as the beneficiary/next of kin since you share the same surname with the deceased
        Is your surname Smith?
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          Is your surname Smith?
          No, I substituted "GiGo" in the two places where my firstname was inserted, so their mailshot hasn't even worked correctly

Edit : speaking of which something is up with the auto formatting here..

Anyway he implies that a certain Roacha GiGo could be my long lost brother or something

Comment

Hmmm

My expert detective work and powers of deduction lead me to conclude that's he's one of Chico's relatives

"Remain blessed in the Lord"
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Try here...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hilarious

Comment

Working...
                X