• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed Illustrated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed Illustrated

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7457886.stm

Take note of how well off we were when New Lie took over from the Conservatives, and how they have squandered the biggest boom in history.

The 10yr inflation graph is the one that stands out ! Time to get those interest rates ratcheted up

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Take note of how well off we were when New Lie took over from the Conservatives, and how they have squandered the biggest boom in history.
      Just watch as house prices are suddenly included in the inflation figures now they are falling.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Just watch as house prices are suddenly included in the inflation figures now they are falling.
        You sir, are a Labour spin doctor and I claim my seasonly adjusted £5.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Absolutely! The world oil price and the housing bubble are clearly their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Oil price, not really.

Housing bubble? Encouraged by Labour policies and lax credit regulation. .

Failure to reduce the country's debt burden during boom times and increasing the number of public servants by a factor of "god knows how many" - definitely their fault.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Failure to reduce the country's debt burden during boom times and increasing the number of public servants by a factor of "god knows how many" - definitely their fault.
              Let's cut to the chase, it's fighting two expensive foreign wars which is bankrupting us.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

The world oil price and the housing bubble are clearly their fault.
                World oil price be damned. What about the 70% taxation imposed by the government? (and the resulting £800m they have raked in during recent months).

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  Let's cut to the chase, it's fighting two expensive foreign wars which is bankrupting us.
                  If you look at the increase in oil prices the rise started when the build up to Iraq started.

Starting a war next to the world's biggest oil producer was bound to cause an increase in oil prices. When you start that war in country with the 2nd biggest oil reserves (112billion barrels according to US Energy Information Administration) then it is almost guaranteed to increase the price of oil.

Since energy prices feed into so much of the rest of the economy it is no wonder that inflation is now on the way up.

Comment

The housing bubble is, setting interest rates with little regard for the inevitable. IMHO interest rates should have been 6-7% a 3 or 4 years ago. Would have made for a much softer landing.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X