• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

French gear up for biofuels retreat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French gear up for biofuels retreat

Probably we will be obliged to call into question or postpone the 10 percent objective.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07...uels_problems/
    I thought France generated 3/4 of its electricity from Nuclear (having about 1/10 of the world nuclear reactors) anyway, surely they are already greener than a green thing?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I thought France generated 3/4 of its electricity from Nuclear
    Exactly! The Froggies have the EU presidency and using it to get people off of bio and onto nuke. “Don’t know how to make a nuclear power station, Monsieur? We have the technology to help you”. Typical French, milking the EU for all they can get.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I thought France generated 3/4 of its electricity from Nuclear (having about 1/10 of the world nuclear reactors) anyway, surely they are already greener than a green thing?

They are, but the concern is now that food prices are increasing as a worldwide shortage ensues as land is being taken over to produce biofuels. What good is this policy if you can drive a 'green' car but cannot feed the driver??!!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Exactly! The Froggies have the EU presidency and using it to get people off of bio and onto nuke. “Don’t know how to make a nuclear power station, Monsieur? We have the technology to help you”. Typical French, milking the EU for all they can get.
        Can't blame them though. The UK must have been way ahead of France in nuclear power technology for a time back in the 50s, and moronic spineless politicians (probably mostly Labour, but Tories must take much of the blame) let all this lapse, until now most experts are old guys in their 70s retired and dying off.

I bet Gordo does nothing practical whatever to kick start nuclear power in what time remains for Labour, except as usual mouth off about it and announce and re-announce grandiose 20 year plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
          Can't blame them though. The UK must have been way ahead of France in nuclear power technology for a time back in the 50s, and moronic spineless politicians (probably mostly Labour, but Tories must take much of the blame) let all this lapse, until now most experts are old guys in their 70s retired and dying off.

I bet Gordo does nothing practical whatever to kick start nuclear power in what time remains for Labour, except as usual mouth off about it and announce and re-announce grandiose 20 year plans.
          I thought the Froggies had bought most of the UK anyway?
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
          X