• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel the need to have a rant about public sector workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel the need to have a rant about public sector workers

They have probably the most secure jobs in the country, the price they pay is crappier salaries than they'd get in the real world. If they don't like it they can always quit and work somewhere else. What we need is someone to get rid of public sector unions...
    Last edited by DiscoStu; 2 July 2008, 12:14.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    They have probably the most secure jobs in the country, the price they pay is crappier salaries than they'd get in the real world. If they don't like it they can always quit and work somewhere else. What we need is someone to get rid of public sector unions too...
    I'm sitting in the office of one such establishment at this very moment (large one in Scotland). At 10.15 this morning I sauntered downstairs to the canteen to get a coffee the canteen had at least 200 of them sitting stuffing their faces....they work flexi time you know
    Blood in your poo

Comment

What we need is someone to get rid of public sector unions too...
      10 levels of management
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        I'm sitting in the office of one such establishment at this very moment (large one in Scotland). At 10.15 this morning I sauntered downstairs to the canteen to get a coffee the canteen had at least 200 of them sitting stuffing their faces....they work flexi time you know
        This is another thing that annoys me. I've worked on a couple of public sector contracts when people wander in around 10, spend a few hours chatting, leave at 3 and still seem to accrue a flexi-day every week so they don't bother coming in on Fridays. Nice to see your tax pound put to such efficient use.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

This is another thing that annoys me. I've worked on a couple of public sector contracts when people wander in around 10, spend a few hours chatting, leave at 3 and still seem to accrue a flexi-day every week so they don't bother coming in on Fridays. Nice to see your tax pound put to such efficient use.
          There's a simple solution to that - clocking in and out with security cards, and if anyone is caught using someone else's card both should be dismissed.

Course, that doesn't prevent them dossing around all day once checked in. But it's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
            There's a simple solution to that - clocking in and out with security cards, and if anyone is caught using someone else's card both should be dismissed.

Course, that doesn't prevent them dossing around all day once checked in. But it's a start.
            It's a great plan, except I can see the news story now with some scouse union leader banging on about how it'd be an infringement of their human rights or some other such tulip.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

They have probably the most secure jobs in the country, the price they pay is crappier salaries than they'd get in the real world. If they don't like it they can always quit and work somewhere else. What we need is someone to get rid of public sector unions...
              They also get great free pensions and retire in their 30's.

Shoot them all and replace them with slaves.

Comment

It's a great plan, except I can see the news story now with some scouse union leader banging on about how it'd be an infringement of their human rights or some other such tulip.
                and the cost to the taxpayer would be in the millions as usual
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Sounds like some contracts I've had
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You should see it in France. I worked there at the Caisse des Depots (governmental agency handling some kinds of private and intergovt deposits and share transactions). Staff about 50-50 private and public sector. The contrast was stark. For example, the public sector lot went on strike (paid of course) against the 35-hour week. No way were they going to work that much. And I heard one say to another, leaving about 3 pm, "see you tomorrow". Reply, "no, I'll be at home, I'm on strike tomorrow". Matter-of-fact: I'm having a day off.

Comment

Working...
                    X