• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

80mw

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80mw

How much power is 80mw?
    Apparently they've invented a shirt that can harvest static electricity and generate up to 80 milliwatts.
    As I'm a martyr to static I reckon I should get one. Could 80mw power my phone? Laptop? Feed into the national grid and make my fortune?
    Bored.

Not a lot.

You'd need 87.5 to power my energy saving light bult (7w) in my lounge.

Comment

You can get some handheld laser pointers in that power range that have a decent output. Can light matches with them etc.

Ther are a few microprocessors that will run on 80mw, won't power the associated gubbins needed to actually do anything usefull with them.

Best use for static I've found is building up a charge and sneaking up behind people to shock them with it
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Apparently they've invented a t-shirt that lights up when it's in a WiFi area. I think the buck teeth, glasses, BO and rubiks cube are optional accessories.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

1.21 jigawatts!!!... 1.21 jigawatts!!!!!!! ... where am i gonna find that kind of power?

.. i'll get my coat
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            1.21 jigawatts!!!... 1.21 jigawatts!!!!!!! ... where am i gonna find that kind of power?

.. i'll get my coat
            Nylon condom and a wooly glove. You do the rest
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
            X