• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can your teeth shrink ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can your teeth shrink ?

As people get older, they get smaller. I was wondering if its possible that your teeth could shrink as well, and if they got too small could they fall out ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    As people get older, they get smaller. I was wondering if its possible that your teeth could shrink as well, and if they got too small could they fall out :
    You mean a lot older? 'cos a lot of people get bigger in middle age. Their arses for example.

Teeth get thinner through wear and from acid attack and start to look yellow because the dentine? shows through. Gums also recede making teeth loose.

Some parts of the body get bigger though, like the ears. Strangley enough old people don't hear better despite this growth, so I'm not sure why their ears get bigger. By coincidence 'ear' sounds like 'hear' to old people, or people getting on in ears.

Comment

Ah, so I am getting bigger, but my teeth are staying the same size. As my gob and ears get bigger my teeth will fall out.

I knew there was a scientific explanation. Thanks TW

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If your gums bleed, it means they're inflamed, which stops them gripping your teeth so well, so they get loose and fall out.

My dentist reckons that there are four types of people; those who get gum disease so their teeth fall out, those who get tooth decay so their teeth fall out, toothless people, and really smug gits.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Booze and fags make your gums shrink, in fact, if you ain't careful you'll end up like this

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
            Booze and fags make your gums shrink, in fact, if you ain't careful you'll end up like this
            I suspect sunbathing may have been a contributory factor there.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I suspect sunbathing may have been a contributory factor there.
              sunbathing with olive oil

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Some parts of the body get bigger though, like the ears. Strangley enough old people don't hear better despite this growth, so I'm not sure why their ears get bigger. By coincidence 'ear' sounds like 'hear' to old people, or people getting on in ears.
                The nose and ears don't stop growing because they are made of cartilage, not bone..

That said, can you imagine how big Robert Kubica's nose is going to get..
                The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS View Post
                  The nose and ears don't stop growing because they are made of cartilage, not bone..

That said, can you imagine how big Robert Kubica's nose is going to get..
                  Lots of things are made of cartilage though...

Comment

Dieting makes your gums shrink (and other things)

http://data1.blog.de/blog/w/wulfweard/img/skinny.jpeg

No smut but gross skinny woman
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X