• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I never thought I'd say this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought I'd say this...

...but I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Gordon Brown.

Admittedly, he screwed up massively while chancellor, but he's proved himself to be so inept and incapable of being prime minister that I'm starting to feel a bit of sympathy for a man clearly out of his depth who just doesn't know what do do next.

Maybe it's too much beer
    ǝןqqıʍ

Stu, those are the ramblings of a drunken man

Comment

I know what you mean, it's a tragedy, bit like watching a car crash. But when they carry on passing awful laws I lose sympathy.

Comment

I'm lovin' it

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

Admittedly, he screwed up massively while chancellor, but he's proved himself to be so inept and incapable of being prime minister that I'm starting to feel a bit of sympathy for a man clearly out of his depth who just doesn't know what do do next.

Maybe it's too much beer

Is this some sort of trolling? He squandered a great economy and pension position. He could have saved during the good times - instead he let household debts soar to record levels. Government debts are still far too high.

And a bit of is suitable punishment for him? What about all the misery that he has unleashed(so far - let alone the future)? I hope someone can suggest something suitable for him...

Comment

Merely out of curiosity, I just googled the following:

In defence of Gordon Brown

Defending Gordon Brown

Result = Zero

Will nobody champion this much maligned man?
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Defending Gordon Brown

Result = Zero

Who has got the (Ed) Balls? Oh - even he wants him out to take his job.

IGMC

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Who has got the (Ed) Balls? Oh - even he wants him out to take his job.

IGMC
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

Maybe it's too much beer
                  Even Brown's drinking too much beer doesn't excuse his abysmal performance.
                  If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Defending Gordon Brown

Result = Zero

You lie Diver, you lie!
                    If you googly "Defending Gordon Brown", the first (of 250) result is:

"I think defending Gordon Brown would be a bit like defending Goering at Nuremberg."

Comment

Working...
                    X