• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 worst places to live in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 worst places to live in UK

According to channel 4

1 - Hull
    2 - Nottingham
    3 - Strabane
    4 - Hackney, London
    5 - Middlesbrough
    6 - Mansfield
    7 - Blaenau Gwent, S Wales
    8 - Merthyr Tydfil, S Wales
    9 - Salford, Gtr Manchester
    10 - Easington, County Durham

A little unfair on Nottingham I think, even they conceeded it had a great nightlife. Ok it has gun crime but it's only inter gang. I lived in an OK area near St Annes (the bad area) for 18 months and not once did I have a problem or see anything untoward on many stumble homes from the pub. Programme seemed a little biased e.g. Hackney did better then it should have because of the impending olympic regeneration.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

This is my ranking:

1) East London
    2) East London
    3) East London
    4) East London
    5) East London
    6) East London
    7) East London
    8) East London
    9) East London
    10) East London
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Ah - speaking of village idiots, here's Franco.
      Oi geezer, leave my manor alone. The East End is for hard geezers like me, orlright? Knock it on the 'ead and say no more.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

"speaking of village idiots, here's Franco"

Don't worry, mate, don't want to overtake your natural throne. You are still the leader of the pack.

The east end is for people without money (or stingy ones), that's it.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          The east end is for people without money (or stingy ones), that's it.
          he he What do you think a nice flat in Shoreditch costs, you ignoramus?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

"he he What do you think a nice flat in Shoreditch costs, you ignoramus?"

That is not really east London, although geographically is. It's a yuppies island in east London.

Comment

Good, you keep your bedsit in Kensington.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

How can Wembley and Harlow not be on that list?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Abercregan, Blaengwynfi and Glyncorrwg
                  I think you need to visit the vet to get your claws clipped, you seem to be hitting to many consonants and not enough vowels, that or you need a new keyboard.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

maybe you should then

PS1: strange to see Nottingham on the list, it's not that bad, I have been to a few places that I would deem worse: Corby, Basildon, Swindon, Bristol, Doncaster, Wakefield for example. Nottingham is just a midlands version of Reading, nothing worse.

PS2: Francko, are you trying to make yourslef interesting by dissing the east end? Nuffin wrong wif it oyite? There's actually a fair amount of Italians in my street and they seem to like it here.
                    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X