• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gloomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloomed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7486127.stm

There was no respite from the dire mood in the housebuilding industry. Taylor Wimpey told the Stock Exchange that it had not been able to finalise a cash-raising exercise with shareholders and that it might be in breach of banking covenants next year. It is to cut 900 jobs and close 13 regional offices.

Some economists are saying that the chances of a recession in the UK are now 50:50.

This week's news suggests that the pace of economic growth is slowing rapidly with a significant gear change in May.

So far the evidence is anecdotal, but the preliminary estimate of growth in the second quarter will be out soon.

If it is negative and stays that way after further revisions then the first stage of a technical recession will be in place.

Things, can only get better, can only get better....

I already gloomed that one althoug admittedly I didn't bother to find an article on it.

Top Dooming all the same
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Surely M&S shares getting hammered yesterday is worth a doomwatch mention ! A sure sign we are going down

Comment

I suppose no-one would underwrite the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Things, can only get better, can only get better....
          Banks in another round of writedowns, job losses everywhere, DOW and now the FTSE now in a bear market, crude now 145 bucks, Paulson in Europe to beg the ECB to not put up rates .....
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Banks in another round of writedowns, job losses everywhere, DOW and now the FTSE now in a bear market, crude now 145 bucks, Paulson in Europe to beg the ECB to not put up rates .....

Get into BTL now

Cyberman
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              Surely M&S shares getting hammered yesterday is worth a doomwatch mention ! A sure sign we are going down
              I'm thinking of spending a few quid on some Aldi and Lidl shares.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I already gloomed that one althoug admittedly I didn't bother to find an article on it.

Top Dooming all the same
                Yea, creative transitive verbing there - "glooming" is the new "groking".

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                  Yea, creative transitive verbing there - "glooming" is the new "groking".
                  God you are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    God you are sexy.
                    Yep, women are the real genii of language.

Comment

Working...
                    X