PDA

View Full Version : Gloomed

DimPrawn
3rd July 2008, 08:23
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7486127.stm

There was no respite from the dire mood in the housebuilding industry. Taylor Wimpey told the Stock Exchange that it had not been able to finalise a cash-raising exercise with shareholders and that it might be in breach of banking covenants next year. It is to cut 900 jobs and close 13 regional offices.

Some economists are saying that the chances of a recession in the UK are now 50:50.

This week's news suggests that the pace of economic growth is slowing rapidly with a significant gear change in May.

So far the evidence is anecdotal, but the preliminary estimate of growth in the second quarter will be out soon.

If it is negative and stays that way after further revisions then the first stage of a technical recession will be in place.

Things, can only get better, can only get better....:music:

Bagpuss
3rd July 2008, 08:30
I already gloomed that one althoug admittedly I didn't bother to find an article on it.

Top Dooming all the same

rootsnall
3rd July 2008, 08:40
Surely M&S shares getting hammered yesterday is worth a doomwatch mention ! A sure sign we are going down :eek:

BrilloPad
3rd July 2008, 08:41
I suppose no-one would underwrite the issue?

HairyArsedBloke
3rd July 2008, 08:52
Things, can only get better, can only get better....:music:

Banks in another round of writedowns, job losses everywhere, DOW and now the FTSE now in a bear market, crude now 145 bucks, Paulson in Europe to beg the ECB to not put up rates ..... :music:

Bagpuss
3rd July 2008, 09:02
Banks in another round of writedowns, job losses everywhere, DOW and now the FTSE now in a bear market, crude now 145 bucks, Paulson in Europe to beg the ECB to not put up rates ..... :music:

Get into BTL now

Cyberman

DiscoStu
3rd July 2008, 09:11
Surely M&S shares getting hammered yesterday is worth a doomwatch mention ! A sure sign we are going down :eek:

I'm thinking of spending a few quid on some Aldi and Lidl shares.

Marina
3rd July 2008, 10:02
I already gloomed that one althoug admittedly I didn't bother to find an article on it.

Top Dooming all the same

Yea, creative transitive verbing there - "glooming" is the new "groking".

DimPrawn
3rd July 2008, 10:03
Yea, creative transitive verbing there - "glooming" is the new "groking".

God you are sexy.

TimberWolf
3rd July 2008, 10:07
God you are sexy.

Yep, women are the real genii of language.