• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

science term

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

science term

Is it Sulfur or Sulphur?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

I hate the way the say Aluminum

instead of Aluminium

grrr

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The way the septics say "Caribbean" winds me up.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        The way the septics say "Caribbean" winds me up.
        You should take a look at yourself in the meer sometime.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Don't get me started on GW and new-ke-lar.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
            Meer: Meer is a small village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It is located in the municipality of Twenterand, about 2 km west of the town of Den Ham.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
              Is it octopi or octopuses?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Is it octopi or octopuses?
                Octopodes.

No, really it's Octopuses.
                1 is an Octopus, and
                (a) it's not Latin 2nd declension so Octopi is false
                (b) an octopus is not a pus, so although the (Ancient Greek) plural of pus is podes, the plural of octopus is not octopodes. In the same way as the plural of walkman is not walkmen, and the plural of Dobermann is not Doberleute or even Dobermänner.
                Last edited by expat; 3 July 2008, 09:26.

Comment

Both are valid, but, logically, it should be octopodes.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    .... and the plural of Dobermann is not Doberleute or even Dobermänner.

Sorry, that really does crack me up.

Comment

Working...
                    X