• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soft landing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft landing

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...ices_06_06.gif

Comedy graph. It can't be accurate. Or can it...

/gulp
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I'm sure if the government were ever to release these figures this graph would have a huge horizontal stretch...
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Graph is accurate, compared to last October it's even worse.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Prices are collapsing faster than the world trade centre...

Comment

Isn't it showing %age change rather than actual prices?

So in Feb 2007 houses were going up at 10% a year, and now they are going down at 4-5% a year.

It''l take a while before those years of 10%+ growth are wiped out...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

That's truly impressive, send it to http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/ , it's better than the one on their front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

So in Feb 2007 houses were going up at 10% a year, and now they are going down at 4-5% a year.

Correct, best example I've ever seen of doom mongering

Using the same data they could have shown a graph of the average house price, wouldn't be quite as scary/news worthy then
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

It is.

But the "pundits" were predicting house prices would not fall, but would stop rising, i.e. a soft landing.

Yes, they need to fall for about 5 years to become affordable, which is I suspect what they are going to do.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    That's truly impressive, send it to http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/ , it's better than the one on their front page.
                    The guy who runs that site was on the BBC the other morning.
                    he's a complete cock
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X