• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What chavs call their kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What chavs call their kids

One of the parents at my youngest daughter's school has a son Matthew. Nice name, biblical origins and all that.

Unfortunately, the dad can't say "Matthew". It comes out as "Maffew".

Why do people give kids names they can't pronounce? Will it be shortened to "Maff" instead of "Matt"?

PS: sorry for the boring nature of this thread, I'm just trying to fill up a slow day...

I worked with an American consultant called Dick Bustin - Poor bloke (Sounds like a bad medical condition) What were his parents thinking of

Comment

Nothing compared to people in the 'inner city' where I live.

Names like Shedika. Imagine my surprise when I heard: Oi, Shed!

MTV base is heavily watched, hence all the hip-hop inspired names..

I'm outta here, homie........

Comment

Most of the chavs round here call there kids Little f###er, Bar####d, c##t and other charming names. usually in the middle of the local supermarket and across great distances.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Has "Maffew" returned the microwave yet: link SFW
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Most of the chavs round here call there kids Little f###er, Bar####d, c##t and other charming names. usually in the middle of the local supermarket and across great distances.
            Wales, building a swearier chavesty.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              One of the parents at my youngest daughter's school has a son Matthew. Nice name, biblical origins and all that.

Unfortunately, the dad can't say "Matthew". It comes out as "Maffew".

Why do people give kids names they can't pronounce? Will it be shortened to "Maff" instead of "Matt"?

PS: sorry for the boring nature of this thread, I'm just trying to fill up a slow day...
              Sorry, are we saying he's got an accent that makes the name come out sounding as maffew - or he actually spelled it maffew. One is pretty sad and the other is just an accent, big deal. I know plenty of people darn sarf, who ain't chavs, who speak with exactly that same sort of pronunciation and accent. Feck knows what you'd think of me in my broad scots ...

Personally I prefer awight guv one over the plummy SE posh one any day of the week.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post
                I worked with an American consultant called Dick Bustin - Poor bloke (Sounds like a bad medical condition) What were his parents thinking of
                Used to work with a Wayne Kerr - I kid you not. I hope his folks were locked up for that.
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  Used to work with a Wayne Kerr - I kid you not. I hope his folks were locked up for that.
                  I went to uni with a Korean guy called Wan Kin Kok. His brother Lee Kin Kok was just as unfortunate.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Drew Peacock. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ticle95505.ece
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X