• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I Just Got Paid!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Just Got Paid!

ExClientCorp's accounts people finally got their act together on the final invoice!

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I hope you're planning on sending them an invoice for interest?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        I hope you're planning on sending them an invoice for interest?
        28 days from date of invoice was last Saturday. Allowing for Saturday and Sunday not being working days, the clearing system can be held responsible for a payment made on Monday clearing on Thursday. Ergo, it doesn't seem reasonable to charge interest, especially as I may want to go back there in the future.

FWIW, Johnny Vaughan, Denise Van Outen and Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen are on the same 28 day payment terms... well, so I believe

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          28 days from date of invoice was last Saturday. Allowing for Saturday and Sunday not being working days, the clearing system can be held responsible for a payment made on Monday clearing on Thursday. Ergo, it doesn't seem reasonable to charge interest, especially as I may want to go back there in the future.

FWIW, Johnny Vaughan, Denise Van Outen and Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen are on the same 28 day payment terms... well, so I believe
          Fair enough, but that's remarkably prompt of them seeing as you're not there anymore. I think I might have to send the boys round for my last invoice here...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Fair enough, but that's remarkably prompt of them seeing as you're not there anymore. I think I might have to send the boys round for my last invoice here...
            They're normally very good, but as the vast majority of presenters at their 150 or so radio stations are on freelance contracts, their systems are geared up for it, unlike organisations that think they can postpone payment for months at a time.

Comment

ExClientCorp's accounts people finally got their act together on the final invoice!

Without resorting to legal action? Nice.

Comment

Snap!

One my ClientCo's finally sorted an outstanding invoice too.

That boy go raaaaaaa
                Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

drinks are on NF!

Will this delay your return from the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                    Snap!

One my ClientCo's finally sorted an outstanding invoice too.

well done ED!

Comment

Working...
                    X