• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Normal service will be resumed shortly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal service will be resumed shortly

Housebuilder may axe 1,000 jobs

US loses 62,000 jobs during June

Jobs blow as haulage firm crashes

'Bankruptcy' fear hits GM shares

Dow Jones becomes a bear market

Sounds gloomy, but how different are these headlines from the ones you'd see in BOOM times?

Comment

And don't call me shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Dow is up today (early close and shut tomorrow). However, the point where it became a bear market at around 11330 is now resistance level.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

[QUOTE=TimberWolf;574796]Sounds gloomy, but how different are these headlines from the ones you'd see in BOOM times?[/QUOTE]

Err

House prices double overnight
          Unemployment falls 15% in May to 324
          Stock markets make massive gains again today
          IT rates top £2000/day for trainee admins

Something like that?

Comment

Who cares we have the New Labour miracle economy where, because of the actions of the greatest ever chancellor for the past 10 years, we will be protected from all the worlds ills due to a combination of low inflation, unicorn eye lashes, low wage increases, fairy farts and good old fashioned British resolve to teach Johnny Foreigner a damn good lesson when it comes to running a superior hat stand tomfoolery economy. Snaark!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

[QUOTE=DimPrawn;574812]
              Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Sounds gloomy, but how different are these headlines from the ones you'd see in BOOM times?[/QUOTE]

Err

House prices double overnight
              Unemployment falls 15% in May to 324
              Stock markets make massive gains again today
              IT rates top £2000/day for trainee admins

Something like that?
              You're selecting bad headlines from the doom times and good ones from the boom times though. There are usually less of the latter but there were probably some good headlines today, e.g. rise in debt collecting agency profits, etc.

Comment

This is great news.

If they stop building so many new houses the value of mine will kepp going up for ever.

If the Americans have no jobs they'll have to turn to lower paid jobs. Then I can buy my GAP T-shirts knowing that they were not made in Asian seat shops, but in American ones! Guilt free at last.

Sockpuppet will have more time to spend here.

Cheap cars for all

Fill yer pockets.

Boomed!

Comment

I used to be scared of all the doom. Then it dawned upon me that there's flip all I can do about it, and if the gig gets canned then the gig gets canned. Bring on your worst doom
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                  X