• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

finished farcry - what next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finished farcry - what next?

well, finished it in february actually. then re-ran it at a harder level. excellent game which continues the graphics development of cyan in the 'myst' series. does anybody know of a suitable successor to farcry?

Getting a life?

Comment

Be warned

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050809/80/fp7pg.html

S.Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer games

SEOUL (Reuters) - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing on-line battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play on-line games on August 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said. South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
        well, finished it in february actually. then re-ran it at a harder level. excellent game which continues the graphics development of cyan in the 'myst' series. does anybody know of a suitable successor to farcry?
        Farcry II?

Or Half Life II - played that, quite good on hard level but I have the feeling that FC is better (not played it though, but some of my friends have).
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Getting a life?
          there is no life outside the game. the game is everything.... must .. click ..

instinct? must check that out.

Comment

play FC online, hours of fun hacking jonny foreigner with your machette
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

what next ?

As i understand it the next two to wait for are

Operation Flashpoint 2
              and
              STALKER
              but both are delayed, releases were due some time ago but now prob early 2006 (we hope)

OPF2 they apparently have fallen out with the publisher so may come out with a different name, STALKER has had excellent reviews from the games exhibs but still no release date.

these east european coders, promise the world but can they deliver ?

Comment

If you want to advoid that "hell" called real life for as long as possible take up an MMORPG like World of warcraft

Comment

I still think you can't beat a game of UFO, there's something relaxing about shouting down UFO's and fragging the critters

Comment

Working...
                  X