• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DWP - single sourcing with Capita - IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWP - single sourcing with Capita - IR35

DWP recently issued a 30 day notice to terminate all the interim contract staff they have on site and are putting pressure on the contractors to leave their current agencies and move to Capita Resourcing under terms yet to be disclosed to the contractors. The department adopted a single source model all it interim resources late last month following an open tender. I’m wondering if anyone out there has seen the proposed Capita Contract and had look at the IR35 issues. With an end date for many being 18 July, there is not much time for some to decide on ‘do I stay or do I go’ and the terms being offered are key.

I would say any public sector gig is fooked re IR35.

When you go to court to contest your tax bill for £50K, the client (DWP) is going to side with the revenue on every issue aren't they?!

Comment

It’s your own stupid fault for taking a government contract in the first place, but with the DWP!
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        It’s your own stupid fault for taking a government contract in the first place, but with the DWP!
        WHS

DWP - must be hell. This could be your chance to roll off and get something better. Anything must be better than DWP, Shirley?
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Can I ask a question here, are you contracted direct to DWP or can you tell us which agency this is with? Cheers.
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            WHS

DWP - must be hell. This could be your chance to roll off and get something better. Anything must be better than DWP, Shirley?
            I did 6 months with the DWP - £600 per day, right on my doorstep, boss based in Leeds, 7.5 hours per day.....total and utter hell.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

I'm suprised you'd be able to just leave your agency and join someone else to be honest - dont agents have clauses built into your contracts for specifically that?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                I did 6 months with the DWP - £600 per day, right on my doorstep, boss based in Leeds, 7.5 hours per day.....total and utter hell.

How is it possible to have the words '£600' and 'total and utter hell' in the same sentence?
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                  How is it possible to have the words '£600' and 'total and utter hell' in the same sentence?
                  I think she paid THEM £600 per diem

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Dwp

Did Lucy work there too?

Comment

Working...
                    X