• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad school behaviour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad school behaviour

All this talk about banning and general naughtiness, takes me back to my schooldays, when I got in to trouble once or twice (only once or twice mind ; I was the "quiet type" who got away with blue murder, because all the loud kids drew the attention to themselves)

I fondly remember a morning assembly, with the whole school present, and as usual, we sung hymns or songs before the morning lecture from the headmaster.

One morning, we had to sing "Where have all the flowers gone", by whichever artist I forget.

My only defence for my vocal transgression, was the fact that the previous night, I had been watching "Top of the Pops".

Which is why, even to this day, when I hear the lyrics to :

"Where have all the flowers gone",

I cannot resist to shout out,

"Up Morrissey's Arse"

Thank you, you've been a lovely audience....
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

sounds like tourettes
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

sounds like tourettes
      F.O.

Seriously.

(I thinks Lucy has created a new saying on the boards !)
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Careful could result in a mass banning!
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          sounds like tourettes
          whorettes?

IGMC.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I can remember making 'bombs' out of swimming pool chlorine when I was a kid.. If I did it now, I would probably be detained under anti-terrorism laws..
            The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS View Post
              I can remember making 'bombs' out of swimming pool chlorine when I was a kid.. If I did it now, I would probably be detained under anti-terrorism laws..
              We burnt stuff, and chucked rocks at each other. One kid got a broken collarbone. It sounds terrible doesn't it? But it was always them thats started it they led me astray. No knifes though, except on day trip to Calais, the little wooden handled jobbies. And firecrackers. We didn't go a second time.
              Bored.

Comment

No knifes though, except on day trip to Calais, the little wooden handled jobbies. And firecrackers. We didn't go a second time.
                Aye, good old Calais. We called it the 3F trip.

Flickknives, Firecrackers and Frenchies.

Funningly enough, we only ever went once as well.

Compared to us though, Lord only knows what the "rough school" down the road got up to when they went there....

C.S. Lewis

Comment

We used to go into the doorway where the teacher would stand to supervise the kids coming into school after playtime or dinner. Then we would 'yocker'* up at the lintel to create danglers, that would hopefully stretch then fall down the teachers neck.

*To Yocker = to gob a thick green and lumpy snotter over a distance
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    We burnt stuff, and chucked rocks at each other. One kid got a broken collarbone. It sounds terrible doesn't it? But it was always them thats started it they led me astray. No knifes though, except on day trip to Calais, the little wooden handled jobbies. And firecrackers. We didn't go a second time.
                    I had good periods and naughty periods. Barely took any notice in lessons but did well in exams and I don't think I put my hand up to answer any questions in my whole school career.

Comment

Working...
                    X