• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funny Chick Flick.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Chick Flick.

I watched a chick flick last night that was properly laugh out loud funny!

I know most chick flicks are boring and whiney, so if you want to treat your lasses to a film & pizza night (to score MEGA points) then get The Heartbreak Kid with Ben Stiller.

The first 10 mins or so are a bit dull, and the last half hour is also your typical dull chick flick (and when I say dull I mean I thought it was brilliant the whole way through, btu I'm guessing blokes would find the start and end a bit yawny), but honestly, the hour in the middle is really really funny.

Loads of daft gags.
    The pope is a tard.

Sorry, but Ben Stiller makes me cringe just looking at him. Not a funny guy at all.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

chick flick usually entails Hugh Grant doing that prince Charles impersonation he always does so well

"Erm, well, one wonder, erm, actually no forget it, if erm maybe, there was , no of course not, a chance, possibly, no, erm, of you, no forget it, going, erm well I say going , erm, where was I?, erm out, I say out I don't mean outside, a,.. erm wotsit, date, yes date with me, oh no she left".
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Erm, well, one wonder, erm, actually no forget it, if erm maybe, there was , no of course not, a chance, possibly, no, erm, of you, no forget it, going, erm well I say going , erm, where was I?, erm out, I say out I don't mean outside, a,.. erm wotsit, date, yes date with me, oh no she left".
        <<<canned laughter>>>
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

All time chick flicks that I dig:

Ghost
          City of Angels
          Meet Joe Black
          What Dreams may Come
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            <<<canned laughter>>>
            Cue girl catches guy in an entirely innocent, but somewhat compromising position with ex. He tries forlornly to explain but she's having none of it and storms of to have a musical montage of stock chick flick shots: crying on couch, moping at work, buying a new puppy ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

When Harry met Sally, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall are the only decent chick flicks in existence, and that's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                When Harry met Sally, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall are the only decent chick flicks in existence, and that's a fact.

I question your facts Sir!!!
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
                  I question your facts Sir!!!
                  You like City of Angels, your credibility is shot I am afraid, as should be the director of that car crash of a film.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Cue girl catches guy in an entirely innocent, but somewhat compromising position with ex. He tries forlornly to explain but she's having none of it and storms of to have a musical montage of stock chick flick shots: crying on couch, moping at work, buying a new puppy ...

Comment

Working...
                    X