• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

taking holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking holidays

Do you take holidays within contracts?
    Lost income + cost of holiday = £thousands

If you're on a £2k/week contract, and a holiday would set you back £1k/week... then taking 6-7 weeks holiday in a year costs you up to £20k

If you thought like that you'd never do anything. Of course there's nothing wrong with trying to maximise your income while you're in a contract but you're not losing anything, you're just not gaining it.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      If you thought like that you'd never do anything. Of course there's nothing wrong with trying to maximise your income while you're in a contract but you're not losing anything, you're just not gaining it.
      agreed
      I'm not saying people shouldn't take holidays
      need to have a healthy mentality and book the holidays and not worry about the money "lost"

Comment

I nearly cracked up after a long period without any time off. It is not worth it. Holidays are all good.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

apart from week off for last Christmas, bankholidays, the odd day off sick, I've worked non-stop for about 2 years. Taking holidays now.

Comment

Wow, that must drop your turnover from what? £150K to £120K per year. How do you get by?

Listen to Spartacus, he's right...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              Listen to Spartacus, he's right...
              That's because I am ratewhore.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                Do you take holidays within contracts?
                Lost income + cost of holiday = £thousands

If you're on a £2k/week contract, and a holiday would set you back £1k/week... then taking 6-7 weeks holiday in a year costs you up to £20k
                What's a holiday?

Comment

15 months with nothing apart from Statutory holidays here. One reason I refused to extend my last (very lucrative) gig was I intend to take July and much of August off.
                  I'm absolutely knackered, yes 6 weeks off > £12k to me, but it's that or fall apart.

Comment

sow how many holidays do you guys take
                    bank holidays and the odd day off takes your weeks worked down from 52 to 50
                    6 weeks hols takes it down to 44
                    so do you work 44 weeks perhaps. the contractor calculators tend to use 44 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X