• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from Hector....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter from Hector....

He has been missing me - sent me form P91, Employment Record letter saying I can end up paying too much tax if I don't complete the form...., but, nothing about paying extra tax if I do!

Work history:

1. Left permie martini contract for first proper contract
    2. Project went bump, took permie local job
    3. Local job ended up a martini job, hence I left for a contract
    4. Meanwhile, 3 extra months I was paid by permie job left, plus contract
    5. Now at same contract job but as a permie.

Both contracts through a brolly.

Hence a little worried about completing the form wanting to know my where-abouts since Feb 2007!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    He has been missing me - sent me form P91, Employment Record letter saying I can end up paying too much tax if I don't complete the form
    They finally got somebody believing that!!!!
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      They finally got somebody believing that!!!!
      Defo NOT believing that!!

Hence my sceptcism on whether I should complete, or, file under b .......

Comment

My wife received one last year (she went from a part time bar job to part time freelance work).

HMRC promptly sent her a cheque for 153 quid.

BOOMED!
        Still Invoicing

Comment

He has been missing me - sent me form P91, Employment Record letter saying I can end up paying too much tax if I don't complete the form...., but, nothing about paying extra tax if I do!

Work history:

1. Left permie martini contract for first proper contract
          2. Project went bump, took permie local job
          3. Local job ended up a martini job, hence I left for a contract
          4. Meanwhile, 3 extra months I was paid by permie job left, plus contract
          5. Now at same contract job but as a permie.

Both contracts through a brolly.

Hence a little worried about completing the form wanting to know my where-abouts since Feb 2007!
          I got one as well a while back I rang them and told them 'All this information is on my tax returns', they informed yes they could get it off that and ignore the letter, I kind of got the impression the issuing of the letter was a glitch their side if you are already doing tax returns for the period in question.
          Last edited by Bumfluff; 6 July 2008, 17:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
            I got one as well a while back I rang them and told them 'All this information is on my tax returns', they informed yes they could get it off that and ignore the letter, I kind of got the impression the issuing of the letter was a glitch their side if you are already doing tax returns for the period in question.
            As through a brolly, I don't have any tax returns.

However.... Brolly stuffed up my mileage allowance tax and did not take me off 45 ppm after I reached the limit, and sent a form to Hector telling them of their stuff-up. Cheers Mimax......

The other source of possible confusion is a permie job paying me for 3 months while I had left and was contracting through a brolly elsewhere.

Hence not really sure how to handle this letter - I am thinking to ignore!

Comment

As through a brolly, I don't have any tax returns.

However.... Brolly stuffed up my mileage allowance tax and did not take me off 45 ppm after I reached the limit, and sent a form to Hector telling them of their stuff-up. Cheers Mimax......

The other source of possible confusion is a permie job paying me for 3 months while I had left and was contracting through a brolly elsewhere.

Hence not really sure how to handle this letter - I am thinking to ignore!
              That's a good idea. Ignoring Hector is always sensible
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
              X