• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lunatics running the asylum.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunatics running the asylum.

Flew from Amsterdam to Heathrow on Friday for the weekend. Carried my umbrella, which indeed proved useful. Came back this morning: jobsworth at Terminal 1 insisted I check it in. For "security".

No, I won't know better next time. There won't be a next time at Heathrow if I can help it.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Flew from Amsterdam to Heathrow on Friday for the weekend. Carried my umbrella, which indeed proved useful. Came back this morning: jobsworth at Terminal 1 insisted I check it in. For "security".

No, I won't know better next time. There won't be a next time at Heathrow if I can help it.
    They can be utter twunts sometimes, but it helps to have a small-format print of this in your hand baggage for when they forget the rules.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      They can be utter twunts sometimes, but it helps to have a small-format print of this in your hand baggage for when they forget the rules.
      Is it me? Couldn't find any mention of "umbrella" in there.

Comment

Thats the point, it doesn't fall into any of the "restricted" categories or descriptions so he should be allowed to carry it onboard.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I don't see it mentioned either.

The plonkers.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

they took a roll of wrapping paper off me at Christmas in Manchester airport ...... seriously, what fecking harm was I going to do with it???

Crazy
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              they took a roll of wrapping paper off me at Christmas in Manchester airport ...... seriously, what fliping harm was I going to do with it???

Crazy
              Poke the captain's eye out with it, you fiendish fiend you !

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Thats the point, it doesn't fall into any of the "restricted" categories or descriptions so he should be allowed to carry it onboard.
                Tortoises aren't mentioned there either. Right! Time to take the family pet on a world tour! He can look out of the window, sample champagne and eat his (my) greens! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  they took a roll of wrapping paper off me at Christmas in Manchester airport ...... seriously, what fliping harm was I going to do with it???

Crazy
                  Did you explain that the terrorists aren't Irish any more? They can be a bit slow on the uptake in Manchester

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Did you explain that the terrorists aren't Irish any more? They can be a bit slow on the uptake in Manchester
                    I've tried that one
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X