• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of Ireland mothballs lending for 3 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of Ireland mothballs lending for 3 months

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...cnirish108.xml

I am currently helping a builder plan a job - the developer got in on the last day (27th June). It was "sign that day or not atall". Most other banks do not want to know about lending for comercial property. This will have quite an effect.

On the plus side - the builder should have no problem getting trades in! And I reckon the outside shell - maximum of 12 weeks - will be there in 6!

Somebody with a bit of a clue about these things mentioned them a few weeks ago as a good candidate for really getting in the tulip. Lots of silly lending and the Irish property market is already in serious reverse gear.

It's recession time !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      Somebody with a bit of a clue about these things mentioned them a few weeks ago as a good candidate for really getting in the tulip. Lots of silly lending and the Irish property market is already in serious reverse gear.

It's recession time !
      The Bank Of Ireland has been a major lender in the UK. The project I mentioned is in London.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The Bank Of Ireland has been a major lender in the UK. The project I mentioned is in London.
        Yes I know but the Irish property market which they are wrapped up in big time is already suffering badly, it has popped with a loud bang !

Comment

Working...
        X