• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're in a recession!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're in a recession!!!!

Is that even how you spell it?!!

Anyway.....what does it mean for us, the lowly contractor?

Should we be panicking?

Or will this mean permie redundancies...which will in turn mean a better contractor market?

Or is it all just sh*te?
    The pope is a tard.

It means that tay won't be pushing for that magical £100 per day rate like he had hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Should we be panicking?
      Yes!!!

Quick, get the first permie job you're offered and hunker down for the next 10 years
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Is that even how you spell it?!!
        Anyway.....what does it mean for us, the lowly contractor?
        Should we be panicking?
        Yes, leave the country immediately.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Emigrate, that's what I'm doing
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

tay says it will be ok for him because he is better than everyone else. He is so confident, in a kind of mis-placed confidence way.

Comment

Been through at least two major downturns in the IT contractor market, and one of the factors which always gets us out of them is that the IT game has the head and feet cut off - the top earning Toryboys patriotically burger off to Oz, and the lower utility end all defect to perm jobs. After a few months of this trickling effect, rates get back to normal for the rest of us.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                Been through at least two major downturns in the IT contractor market, and one of the factors which always gets us out of them is that the IT game has the head and feet cut off - the top earning Toryboys patriotically burger off to Oz, and the lower utility end all defect to perm jobs. After a few months of this trickling effect, rates get back to normal for the rest of us.
                Well said
                Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

So we have had 2 x quarters of negative growth?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

what does it mean for us, the lowly contractor?
                    Talk for yourself! ClientCo would fall apart without me! I am so indespensible they will probably me me permanent!

Wilmslow

Comment

Working...
                    X