• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

China in trouble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China in trouble

Oh dear, it would appear China is suffering more than most from the high price of oil. What effect do the panel's economists think this will have on UK PLC?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Oh dear, it would appear China is suffering more than most from the high price of oil. What effect do the panel's economists think this will have on UK PLC?
    Looks like our manufacturing base could expand.

It would no longer be cheaper to send goods to China for final assembly and back here for retail!

Boomed!!!!

Comment

"The cost of a 40ft container from Shanghai to Rotterdam has risen threefold since the price of oil exploded."

I had assumed that the coming recession would transfer power from West to East.

Is there any sign that it is cheaper to make things over here than in China now?

Anyway, to take advantage we need some sort of manufacturing base to expand from.

I reckon power will still move eastwards.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Anyway, to take advantage we need some sort of manufacturing base to expand from.
        So we're quite knackered then. Germany will probably benefit though.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          So we're quite knackered then. Germany will probably benefit though.
          Not if we start on plan B now! Lets make something - we can each choose a different product....

I am going to choose lingerie. I always fancied getting into ladies underwear. boom boom.

<prepares for barrage of rotten tomatoes>

Comment

Not if we start on plan B now! Lets make something - we can each choose a different product....

I am going to choose lingerie. I always fancied getting into ladies underwear. boom boom.

Have you seen the cost of tomatoes these days?

GTF!

Comment

IGYCFY
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Have you seen the cost of tomatoes these days?

GTF!
                Well if you will have them flown in from Spain. You should choose some nice home grown tomatoes. I always fancied growing tomatoes - then I can hide cannabis plants among them.

Comment

Well if you will have them flown in from Spain. You should choose some nice home grown tomatoes. I always fancied growing tomatoes - then I can hide cannabis plants among them.
                  Spain! Matador country, that'd be like a bull in a China.

Comment

To answer the OP - It will have an inflationary effect.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X