• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying corporation tax / Payslip from HMRC.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying corporation tax / Payslip from HMRC.

Can anyone please confirm this. My accountant has prepared my Corporation Tax Return form that I now need to send to HMRC . It was explained to me that after HMRC have reviewed the form they will send me “a Payslip”. Only then I submit payments/checks. Is that right ?

Yeah.. HMRC have to 'agree' the figures your accountant submits before you pay..
    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
      Can anyone please confirm this. My accountant has prepared my Corporation Tax Return form that I now need to send to HMRC . It was explained to me that after HMRC have reviewed the form they will send me “a Payslip”. Only then I submit payments/checks. Is that right ?
      That is the normal procedure. However if you want to make a payment now it will be held on account. You get credit interest for the early payment - which may be at a better rate than you company account or may not. If you do wish to do this ring your accounts office (which ever of the 2 it is) and ensure you get your reference, also ensure that you get the reference for the right year.

If you pay early and get the year wrong all that will happen is that they will credit that year, notice it's already settled and spit out a repayment warrant a couple of weeks later. [Actually IME this seems to happen quite a lot with the right year specificed too].

Comment

Working...
      X