• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carry on coppers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry on coppers

A guy covered in burns staggers into Lewisham police station and tells the receptionist "I stabbed those two French students five hundred times, and burned myself trying to set them alight!"

The receptionist replies "Please wait your turn outside! Now madam, where were we? About your poodle, (licks pencil) last seen in the park on Tuesday you say ...."

Meanwhile the guy outside is haranguing others in the queue "I’ve just murdered two people, I’ve got third degree f***ing burns and they are not doing anything about it!”

Apparently that's moreorless what happened, and he was only arrested several minutes later, presumably when he got to the front of the queue.

YCNMIU
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Now if he'd said "I just drove here and I haven't got a driving licence"
    Last edited by Diver; 8 July 2008, 22:40.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Now if he'd said "I just drove here and I haven't got a driving license"
      Licence (in Britain)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Licence (in Britain)
        Pedant
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

And this story is in The Sun, told by somebody called Lucy Downer...

Hmm...

Comment

Working...
          X