• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you want a productive business...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a productive business...

get a Mac

http://www.9to5mac.com/axel-springer-mac
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Apple to ship 2.5 million Mac's thanks to Vista

Linky

Vista is carp unless you use Microsoft Live One care with it. Why don't they wise up and include it with free updates every year instead of charging £37 a year so that we can actually use Vista?

Microshaft for you I guess
    Last edited by Diver; 9 July 2008, 01:33.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Macs are standard issue for web devs at Yahoo! Europe, and I think now also in the States.

Also for developers at several other web-focused PLCs that I'm aware of.

TBH, if you're not writing Windows desktop applications, the only reason not to use a Mac is that you prefer Linux. I haven't met a professional software developer working on OS-agnostic applications who voluntarily uses Windows for a couple of years now.

Nobody who's serious about web development would consider Windows as their primary development environment for a second - when you need to add the last few fixes to cope with the bugs in Internet Explorer, just run Windows under Parallels or VMWare for the necessary hour or so.

Of course, if you're working with the epic fail that is ASP.NET, well, you have my sympathy... it must be sad to be unable to do your job to the highest standard possible because of the brokenness of your platform

Comment

*Dons the flame proof suit and retreats to the bunker ( with his iMac )*
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Of course, if you're working with the epic fail that is ASP.NET, well, you have my sympathy... it must be sad to be unable to do your job to the highest standard possible because of the brokenness of your platform
          Heh, it was a well-crafted troll until that para
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

ASP.NET is no more/less broken than the Java equivalent (whatever the fook that is these days).

Comment

Hasn't this argument been rolling on now for about 16 years or so. I remember being a student and debating quite vigorously. If only I'd known then ...

Honestly, I'm starting to think Mac fanboys are the computer equivalent of evangelical Christians. You love your mac, great. Good for you. Keep it to yourself then please and stop chapping me fecking door banging on about how great they are.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                get a Mac
                Indeed. It's a gay boys box. I know a chap who looks out of guys using them in bars and cafe's and says he has a high score rate.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Hasn't this argument been rolling on now for about 16 years or so. I remember being a student and debating quite vigorously. If only I'd known then ...

Honestly, I'm starting to think Mac fanboys are the computer equivalent of evangelical Christians. You love your mac, great. Good for you. Keep it to yourself then please and stop chapping me fliping door banging on about how great they are.
                  You obviously haven't been assimilated yet. Your time will come.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Honestly, I'm starting to think Mac fanboys are the computer equivalent of evangelical Christians. You love your mac, great. Good for you. Keep it to yourself then please and stop chapping me fliping door banging on about how great they are.
                    Do you not choose Jobs as your personal lord and saviour?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X