• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dinner Party Menu Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner Party Menu Suggestions?

3 courses, nothing too elaborate. I'm no Gordon Ramsay!

Dishes which don't rely on precise timings, i.e. no need to spend all evening in the kitchen rather than quaffing fine wines with esteemed guests!

Any suggestions?

Do what I do.

Hire a chef for the evening that cooks the food in your own kitchen, whilst you "entertain" the guests with your witty gems about IR35, houseprices, immigrants and .NET service packs.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Do what I do.

Hire a chef for the evening that cooks the food in your own kitchen, whilst you "entertain" the guests with your witty gems about IR35, houseprices, immigrants and .NET service packs.
      Nice idea but lacks the personal touch. Thanks.

Comment

1. Soup Or Prawn cocktail

2. Smoked salmon parcels filled with creamy Philadelphia cheese, lemon juice, drilled black pepper, served with crispy lettuce leaves and wholemeal bread & butter.
        3. Beef stroganoff - tender fillet of beef in a creamy, paprika sauce and served on a bed of rice (mild).
        4. Creamy mashed potato topped chopped coriander.
        5. Hot mange tout tossed in peppered butter and crispy bacon, baby carrots.
        6. Selection of bread, olive, garlic & herb bread.

7. gateaux & fresh cream or Cherry pie and fresh cream for desert
        8. Selection of cheeses and assorted crackers
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

As a main, I would recommend twice cooked Oxtail and Chorizo Stew from Moro.. Most of the work is done the day before, so is ideal for dinner parties.
          The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Packet soup.

Frozen Pizza in the oven.

Choc ice.

Can't get easier than that!

Comment

Fugu. It has the advantage of not needing any cooking at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Packet soup.

Frozen Pizza in the oven.

Choc ice.

Can't get easier than that!
                Philistine

Sorry

Phyllis tine
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Starters: -
                  A tomato and moz salad can be prepared wel in advance (buy a nice pesto sauce to dribble over before serving, or maybe quickly dry fry a few pine buts or something).
                  Or make a nice soup which can be cooked earlier and just reheated before serving.

Mains: -

The key here is to get something which takes a couple of hours to cook. That way you can stick it in before your guests arrive, the smell wil drive them insane, and will be ready for serving whenever you are.
                  Like a slow roast rack of lamb, or joint of meat?
                  Veg wise - you could chop up a load of veg in advance (cauliflower, brocoli, thinkly cut carrots, onions, peppers, mange tout etc) and quickly stir fry it all in a big pan with oil and some spicey sauce (I like nando's perio peri garlic at the minute, and also any kind of Insanity sauce (just a tiny tiny bit though). The hot spicey taste gives the veg a really different feel, and you can stick the whole big pan in the middle of the table for guests to help themselves.

For potatoes - make potato gratin? (Thinkly cut slices with cream and milk) and stick that in the over to cook for an hour too.

Everythign wil be ready at the same time if you time it right, and the only thing you have to do it stir fry the veg quickly.

Desert: -
                  A premade chocolate mouse, which has set overnight in the fridge?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Starters: -
                    pine buts
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                    X