• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job losses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job losses

It was on Sky News last night (and we know how reliable they are)
    that "they" are rpedicting 300,000 job losses over the next 2 years during the recession!!!

How could they possibly get those figures?!!!

No wonder people are panicking!!
    The pope is a tard.

I would expect a LOT more than 300,000 job losses.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I would expect a LOT more than 300,000 job losses.
      Yes. By about 3 to 5 times.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Ditto. 300K job losses is a huge underestimate. A million minimum is more like it.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

300K was predicted by the end of this year...

a sort of starter for 10

One expert was expecting 150k from the City alone, over the next 2 years, in a drip, drip fashion.

Hold tight it could get scary.....

I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's a necessary correction. People under 35 need to learn that money doesn't grow on trees (or bricks for that matter).
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I really hope my builder neighbour loses his house. Oh please God.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                I really hope my builder neighbour loses his house. Oh please God.
                Why?
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

As a result of the obsession with doing background checks that this government has forced upon companies, a very large proportion of those that loose their jobs in this recession will never work again. They will have gaps in their employment record and a less than spotless credit history. Both of which will result in the candidate being rejected. Never mind, there are plenty of migrant workers to take their place.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Why?
                    Because he's an obnoxious swearywordstartingwithC

My father in law had a run in with him once, and called them "pikeys without a caravan" - yuo can always rely on the older generation to be sufficiently racist and say the stuff you would like to.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
                    X